2.18.2013

WISDOM FOR THE WEEK

Friends have recently started asking me for updates on my studio practice, my art making since I've moved to California, and truth be told, I have not much to update them on. My 27" iMac at work has become my everyday companion and I haven't rolled out ink on tabletops in nearly half a year. 

It actually terrifies me to admit this in writing, because I do not want to let them down - those who so graciously think that one day I will have a print show in the city. But where I am in my life right now, that guilt trip might be the factor that most motivates me to get back into a studio.

Self-motivation just doesn't cut it sometimes. So a heartfelt thank you to those who believe in me (more than I believe in myself) and hold me accountable to my creative potential. 

I won't let you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips